Upwork is an online platform that connects freelancers with clients looking for various services. The company was founded in 1999 and was formerly known as Elance-oDesk. In 2015, it rebranded to Upwork and became a publicly-traded company in 2018. Upwork serves clients from all over the world and caters to various industries, including technology, marketing, design, and writing, to name a few.Upwork's goal is to provide access to a global talent pool for businesses of all sizes. It offers services to both clients and freelancers, including tools for communication, project management, and payment processing.
Here are the top five products and services provided by Upwork:
- Upwork Talent solutions: a service that helps businesses find and hire the right talent for their projects. It includes access to top-rated professionals, personalized matching algorithms, and a dedicated account team.
- Upwork Business: a service designed for large enterprises that need to manage multiple projects and teams. It includes an enterprise-level account, tools for collaboration and workflows, and a range of professional services.
- Upwork Payroll: a service focused on helping businesses to work with freelancers and independent contractors, while also managing payroll and compliance. It includes end-to-end support for contract management, invoicing, and payment processing.
- Upwork Enterprise: a white-label version of the Upwork platform, designed for staffing firms and recruiting agencies. It includes customizable branding, advanced reporting and analytics, and tools for vendor management.
- Upwork Escrow: a secure payment processing service that provides protection for both clients and freelancers. It includes a user-friendly interface, multi-currency support, and features such as milestone payments and dispute resolution.