How we're saving thousands of customers from expense reports in 2023 with Microsoft Outlook
straight to your inbox
Save your employees from mind-numbing, low-value work like expense reports this year. Ramp helps thousands of customers automatically submit and reconcile receipts with integrations such as Gmail, Lyft, and Amazon Business—we’re now thrilled to announce that with Ramp x Microsoft Outlook, we’re offering the same receipt automation to even more businesses.
The pre-existing state of receipt automation
A lack of receipt automation affects the entire org, including:
- Finance team members: Finance team members waste valuable time on chasing receipts from employees, manual coding, and an unnecessarily slow month-end close.
- Managers: Managers are forced to chase down employees for receipts and for out-of-policy spend.
- Employees: Employees have to waste time that could be allocated toward more strategic work on manual tasks and data entry, and must also worry about tracking and keeping receipts.
Announcing Ramp’s integration with Microsoft Outlook
Today, we’re excited to announce our integration with Microsoft Outlook which will allow us to automate even more of our customers’ expense management in just a few clicks. Millions of businesses use Outlook for their communications nationwide. With this new partnership, we will be able to further automate the employees’ finance work via effortless receipt matching.
With Ramp’s integration with Outlook, you simply set up the integration once, and Ramp will automatically fetch receipts from all of your employees’ Outlook inboxes and use image recognition technology to match it to the correct transaction.
“Ramp's integration with Outlook, built on our Microsoft Graph APIs to provide receipt-matching capabilities via the Microsoft Graph to Outlook users, is enabling more businesses to help their employees save time processing time-consuming expense reports."- Ben Summers, Director of Product Marketing, Microsoft 365 Platform
How Ramp’s receipt automation drives operational efficiency
Ramp is bringing finance automation to every part of your work day, whether it be your inbox, when you travel, or what you purchase, so you never have to worry about keeping track of receipts. At Ramp, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. Receipt-matching integrations can help alleviate both of these pain points for growing businesses. In 2022, Ramp’s receipt automation led to companies automatically matching over 250,000 receipts and saving over 15,000 hours.
Ramp’s automated receipt matching capabilities can help employees in many different scenarios. For example, an employee traveling for a work conference can have their receipts instantly matched throughout the entirety of their journey. If they need supplies, they can purchase from Amazon Business and have their receipts automatically routed to Ramp. If your company uses TravelPerk or Corporate Traveler to book flights, Ramp will automate their travel expense reporting. Once they land, they can take a ride to their hotel with Lyft. If they need anything else during their trip, they can easily make purchases and send the receipt to their email where it’ll automatically get picked up by Ramp.
With a traditional card or having to rely on expense reimbursement, these above steps would be a headache due to time wasted on trying to track down and subsequently submit lost receipts. Ramp instead provides hands-free peace of mind, with features that include:
- Automatically fetch receipts from all of your employees’ inboxes and use image recognition technology to match it to the correct transaction, saving you countless hours.
- Touchless and secure expense reporting process that helps increase employee productivity and frees up finance teams to focus on strategic work instead of manual tasks.
- Designed with security and trust in mind. Ramp doesn’t pull any data that isn’t essential and deletes data once it’s no longer used. You can read more about our email integration security here.
Give your employees peace of mind and automate your company’s expenses with Ramp’s top receipt integrations. Sign up for Ramp today.