The Secretary of State is a governmental department responsible for overseeing foreign affairs and international relations for the United States of America. The department plays a critical role in representing the country's interests abroad, negotiating treaties, and promoting diplomacy. Through its extensive network of embassies and consulates, the Secretary of State works to maintain diplomatic relations with other countries and address global issues. The department also provides various services to American citizens, including passport issuance, visa processing, and assistance for citizens abroad.
- Passport issuance and renewal
- Visa processing for foreign travelers
- Diplomatic negotiations and treaty agreements
- Embassy and consulate operations
- Assistance for American citizens abroad