6 Expensify alternatives for managing business expenses and reimbursements
straight to your inbox
Expensify is known for its expense management and reimbursement software—but finance teams often find it lacking when it comes to reporting and capabilities to close their books faster. Looking for alternatives to Expensify? We’ve pored over ratings from business review site G2, feedback from past users, and the features of Expensify alternatives to help you choose the best tool for your needs.
Ramp does more than help you reimburse your employees for out-of-pocket expenses. Our tools help businesses consolidate data and workflows for simpler payments and billing, corporate cards, and spend management. More than 1700 reviews on G2 have given Ramp a 4.8 out of five-star rating.
- Single platform for consolidated data and workflows between accounts payable (AP), business travel (T&E), and spend management
- One-step bill import and 99% accurate AI matching for every invoice line item
- Free bill pay, with the ability to schedule payments and use physical and virtual corporate cards, ACH, checks, and international wire transfers
- Automatic bill routing for approvals, plus easy approvals in Slack and by email
- Auto-coding of bills as liabilities plus accounting integrations with ERP and HRIS
Why customers choose Ramp over Expensify
- Error-free spend management: No more hoping executives remember to save and submit receipts. And no more calls to hotels, airlines, stores, or restaurants to find receipts when they forget. Ramp gives everyone smooth text and email receipt submission. And we automate coding for frustration-free finance oversight.
- Purchase well, save on procurement: You can tailor spending with customizable limits and auto-enforced expense policies. Set spend rules by merchant and category. And enjoy up to 27% savings on software contracts, with Ramp’s procurement negotiators.
- Radical time savings: You can issue corporate cards and integrate them into accounting tools with a click. Let finance automation support accounting without needing separate card and expense systems. And avoid manually coding so many bills and vendor payments.
"I was spending four hours a month on Expensify. Now I’m in and out of Ramp in five minutes." - Sam Meek, Founder and CEO, Sandboxx
Ramp helps you control spending, automate payments, and rapidly close your books. All for free. If you need even more, Ramp Plus is $15 per person a month and gives you greater control, and greater customization.
Navan (formerly TripActions)
Navan is a travel and expenses solution, which allows employees to book, view, and manage trips and expenses. Navan is rated 4.7 out of five on G2 and is classified as most suitable for mid-market companies.
- Spend controls that get enforced at the point of sale to stop out-of-policy spending
- Automated reconciliation of expenses through Navan Liquid
- Virtual cards tied to each travel booking
- Reimbursements for out-of-pocket spend across 45 countries and 25 currencies
Why people choose Navan over Expensify
G2 reviewers like Navan's user interface and automation better. Scans of receipts auto-populate the relevant fields, removing the need for finance teams to update each field manually.
Navan is free for companies’ first 50 monthly active users, with a fee for live travel agent support. The company can provide custom quotes for companies that exceed those needs.
Emburse provides expense, travel management, AP, and other payment solutions. Public sector agencies, nonprofits, and small businesses are among its customer base. Emburse is rated 4.5 out of five on G2 and is classified as most suitable for mid-market companies.
- Real-time spend management, with automated expense categories and policies
- Mobile applications to capture and report expenses anywhere
- Automatic matching of card payments with expenses
Why people choose Emburse over Expensify
One G2 reviewer found the software easier to use, whether acting as a reviewer or processing expenses, compared to Expensify and Concur.
Emburse can provide custom quotes for companies exploring its solutions.
Airbase helps businesses streamline procurement, from the initial request to payment and reconciliation, with features like multi-subsidiary support and purchase order matching. Airbase is rated 4.8 out of five on G2 and is classified as most suitable for mid-market companies.
- Automatic audit trail with the ability to retrieve all documentation for booking or an audit
- Accounting automation covering categories, amortization, and payment dates
- Invoice processing and bill payments available from a single interface
- Real-time reporting, with all spending activities captured as they occur
- Receipt management, with a dedicated email for submissions
Why people choose Airbase over Expensify
One G2 reviewer was happy they are no longer forced to create expense reports to submit receipts, unlike their experience with Expensify, Concur, and Brex.
Airbase offers standard, premium, and enterprise quotes for firms with 200 to 5,000 employees.
Fyle says its goal is to help accountants reduce the time spent on business expense management. Founded in 2016, the company has notable customers like Freshworks and Royal Enfield. Fyle is rated 4.6 out of five on G2 and is classified as most suitable for mid-market companies.
- Track all card spending with direct data feeds, expense creation, and receipt matching
- Automatically extracts, codes, and categorizes paper and e-receipt data
- Track receipts directly from Gmail and Outlook with Fyle's plug-in
Why people choose Fyle over Expensify
One G2 reviewer commented that they liked using Fyle from a desktop, because they found it simple to drag and drop receipts into the browser. The reviewer said they never had issues uploading files, as they had previously with Expensify.
Fyle provides unlimited expense tracking and report creation for $6.99 per user monthly, with minimal billing capped at five users. Fyle’s business tier is capped at a minimum of 10 monthly users for $11.99 for each person a month. Fyle can provide custom quotes for enterprises.
Brex provides corporate cards, expense management, reimbursements, bill pay, and travel. The company’s customers range from startups to enterprises. Brex is rated 4.7 out of five on G2 and is classified as most suitable for enterprise companies.
- Automate reconciliation with custom category mapping and integrations to ERPs
- Built-in expense policies, auto-generated receipts, and automated reminders
- Real-time and automated insights from spend reports and alerts.
Why people choose Brex over Expensify
A G2 reviewer liked that Brex did not need a personal guarantee and said the solution prevented their business from needing a subscription to Expensify and BILL.
Brex’s pricing for mid-sized businesses is $12 per user per month. Global companies can also seek custom pricing.
Making the right choice for modern finance needs
Modern finance is too complex and fast-moving for founders and finance leaders to rely on too many different tools. Spend management will always remain crucial to a company’s financial health. But it must sit alongside equally important financial activities—like accounts payable oversight, procurement, cashflow visibility, and a company-wide understanding of value for money. See how Ramp can help you manage all of these operations and more—get started with Ramp today.