BP, formerly known as British Petroleum, is a multinational oil and gas company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. The company has a presence in more than 70 countries worldwide and it is one of the largest oil and gas producers in the world. BP operates across the entire energy spectrum, from exploration, production, and refining to marketing and distribution of oil, gas, and petrochemicals. In addition to oil and gas, BP is also investing in renewable energy sources in order to meet the growing demand for sustainable energy solutions.
BP's top 5 products and services are:
- Petroleum and petrochemical products: BP produces and sells a wide range of petroleum products, including gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, lubricants, bitumen, and petrochemicals such as ethylene and polyethylene.
- Exploration and production: BP is involved in the exploration and production of oil and gas resources around the world, both onshore and offshore. The company has a diversified portfolio of exploration and production assets, including conventional and unconventional oil and gas reserves.
- Refining and marketing: BP operates refineries that process crude oil into various petroleum products, which are then marketed and distributed through a global network of retail sites, wholesalers, and distributors.
- Trading and shipping: BP is one of the largest traders of oil and gas commodities, with a global network of trading offices and shipping operations.
- Renewable energy: BP is investing in renewable energy sources such as wind, solar, and biofuels in order to reduce its carbon footprint and meet the growing demand for sustainable energy solutions.