SFMTA, or the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency, is a government agency in charge of transportation in San Francisco, California. Founded in 1999, it manages public transportation, parking, and traffic within the city. Its mission is to provide safe, reliable, and sustainable transportation options that enhance the quality of life in San Francisco.
- Public transportation services, including buses, light rail, and cable cars
- Parking management, including parking meters, garages, and permits
- Traffic engineering and management, including street design and traffic signal operation
- Bicycle network planning and implementation
- Paratransit services for individuals with disabilities