The Texas Secretary of State is a government agency that serves as the official repository of certain business and legal records for the state of Texas. Their mission is to provide a range of services and resources to expedite the formation and maintenance of Texas businesses and ensure compliance with state law.
- Business Formation Documents: The Texas Secretary of State allows individuals to file various business formation documents, such as Articles of Incorporation, Certificates of Formation, and Certificates of Organization.
- Business Name Availability Search: Customers can use the Texas Secretary of State's website to search for the availability of a business name before filing any formation documents.
- UCC Filings: The agency provides a platform for individuals and businesses to file and search for Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) records related to secured transactions.
- Taxable Entity Search: Customers can search for information about Texas taxable entities, including corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships, through the agency's website.
- Notary Public Services: The Texas Secretary of State is responsible for commissioning notaries public in the state, including processing new applications, renewals, and information updates.