The Washington Secretary of State is a government agency responsible for a variety of services and functions related to the state of Washington. Its mission is to preserve and enhance democracy in the state by providing accessible and efficient services to the public. The Washington Secretary of State website serves as a hub for accessing these services and finding important information.
- Business services: The Washington Secretary of State assists businesses with various tasks such as registering new businesses, filing annual reports, and searching for business information.
- Elections and voting: The agency oversees elections in the state, providing voter registration, election results, and information on running for office.
- Public records: The website offers access to public records, including information on corporations, charities, notaries, and more.
- Archives and records management: The Washington Secretary of State preserves and provides access to historical records of the state, helping researchers, genealogists, and others access important documents.
- Library services: The agency operates a library that houses a wide range of resources related to Washington's history, government, and legal documents.